- About BRC
- Institute of Biophysics
- Institute of Biochemistry
- Institute of Genetics
Institute of Plant Biology
- Laboratory of Plant Photo- and Chronobiology
- Laboratory of Molecular Stress- and Photobiology
- Laboratory of Photosynthetic Membranes
- Laboratory of Plant Lipid Function and Structure
- Laboratory of Plant Architecture and Development
- Laboratory of Molecular Regulators of Plant Growth
- Laboratory of Functional Cell Biology
- Laboratory of Arabidopsis Molecular Genetics
- Lendület - Laboratory for Molecular Photobioenergetics
- Core Facilities
- Open positions
- Public Information
-   BRC Eduroam Wifi
-   Széchenyi 2020 Applications
-   Research strategy of BRC
Welcome to the homepage of the Biological Research Centre of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (BRC). By unifying excellence in research, authenticity in science, and a commitment to society, the institute network of the Academy is set to produce values for both national and international success in Hungarian and universal science. Building on our national research traditions, being part of the only full-time research institute network in Hungary, our primary aim is to play a fundamental role in promoting the common weal and in building the foundation for our future through valuable scientific achievements based on highly promising discovery research.
The BRC is an outstanding institution of the internationally acknowledged Hungarian biological research. The Biological Research Centre was founded in 1971. The 4 institutes of BRC - the Institutes of Biophysics, Biochemistry, Genetics and Plant Biology - employ about 260 scientists whose work is hall-marked by highly appreciated international scientific publications and patents. The research topics include several fields of molecular and cell biology from the industrial utilization of bacteria through controlled improvement of cultivated plants to the problems of human health and environmental protection. BRC is mainly a scientific basic research centre, but scientists of BRC play an initiative role in the foundation and promotion of biotechnological companies, as well as in educational duties. The successful activity and high-level scientific research pursued in BRC were also acknowledged by the European Molecular Biological Organization (EMBO) and in 2000 the European Union awarded the title of “Centre of Excellence“ to BRC.
The letter of certificate of HAS’ Biological Research Centre can be read here.