Address: H-6726 Szeged, Temesvári krt. 62.
How to get here?
1. If you travel by plane to Hungary, you land at Ferihegy International Airport in Budapest. Ferihegy Airport is located within the boundary of Budapest, 16 km Eastward from the city, alongside Main Road 4. There are several ways to get directly to Szeged from Ferihegy Airport.
Fast trains leave almost every hour (travel time is about 2,5 hours). The train ticket (one-way, second class) costs 3.080 HUF. InterCity train ticket costs 360 HUF extra, but you can travel under better conditions. Tickets can be bought at Ferihegy Terminal 1. The railway station is close to Terminal 1. In case of landing at Ferihegy Terminal 2, you should get on the airport shuttle (bus number 200E) which takes you from Terminal 2 to 1. The single bus ticket costs 400 HUF and can be purchased at the bus-driver.
Please check the timetable of trains (Budapest, Ferihegy-Szeged) at:
http://www.mav-start.hu/english/index.php (English version)
http://www.mav-start.hu/deutsch/index.php (German version)
Similarly to other airports, Budapest Airport also operates a shuttle service called “Airport Minibus”. Passengers are taken to the previously requested address in Budapest by microbuses with 8/11 seats. The bus drivers and the staff of the dispatcher desks speak foreign languages and are familiar with Budapest and its traffic including the simplest and fastest routes. This service is only within the boundaries of Budapest!
Travel from the airport to Szeged costs about 25,000 HUF (various taxi companies can charge different prices for the same route).
You can rent a car at Ferihegy Airport and drive directly to Szeged (167 km).
Departure: Budapest Ferihegy Airport Terminal 2.
- continue along "Ferihegyi Repülőtérre Vezető Út", pass Vecsés
- continue along road 4.
- head towards M0, Győr, M1, Szeged, M5
- after 4-5 km on road 4 take the M0 road (11 km)
- head towards Serbia (SCG), Szeged, Szolnok 405, Kecskemét
- continue along E75/M5 (140 km)
- take the exit towards: Exit 159, M43, Arad (Romania), 47, Hódmezővásárhely, Szeged Észak
- at the roundabout take the first exit (Exit 159)
- continue along E75/5
- arrive at Szeged (8,5 km)
- continue along E75/5
- continue along E68/43/Párizsi-Brüsszeli-Római körút
- pass the Bertalan Bridge
- follow the direction: Makó, Romania Destination: Szeged, Temesvári krt. 62.
before entering the E75/M5 motorway you have to buy an e-vignette at the first petrol-station, or you can order one via Internet or by mobil-phone. E-vignette types: validity for 4 days, 10 days, 1 month, 1 year. The price of the 4-day e-vignette (present price) is 1,170 HUF between October 1-May 1, and 1,530 HUF between May 1-September 30. Keep the receipt, as in case of a control you have to show the proof of payment.
For further help, please visit the following website:
2. If you travel by train or by bus to Hungary, you arrive either at Budapest, Keleti Railway Station (in case of trains) or at “Népliget” International Bus Station.
If you want to continue your travel to Szeged by train, you have to go to “Nyugati” Railway Station (“Nyugati pályaudvar” in Hungarian). By checking the following homepages
http://www.bkv.hu/en/ (English version)
http://www.bkv.hu/de/ (German version)
you can get information about how to reach the railway station.
Buses to Szeged start from “Népliget” International Bus Station. Single ticket costs 3.080 HUF and can be purchased at the bus-driver. See:
for the timetable.
3. After arriving at Szeged
3/a Tram (from Railway station to BRC):
A tram (number 1) stops right in front of the Railway Station in Szeged and takes you to Széchenyi Square (“Széchenyi tér” in Hungarian), the town center (5 stops). Here you can change to buses (2, 60, 60Y, 71A) driving to the direction “Újszeged”. You have to get off at Stadion (“Sportcsarnok” in Hungarian), which is very close to BRC. Ticket costs 340 HUF and can be purchased at the driver.
See the map of tram network on:
3/a Bus (from Coach-terminal to BRC):
The coach-terminal as well as the bus-stop for local buses are located in Mars Square (“Mars tér” in Hungarian). You can get on the following buses: 2, 60, 60Y, driving to the direction “Újszeged”. You have to get off at Stadion (“Sportcsarnok” in Hungarian), which is very close to BRC. Ticket costs 340 HUF and can be purchased at the driver.